R.K. MARINE’S COMMITMENT TO THE PROTECTION AND RESPECT OF DATA
R.K. Marine is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified and when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
R.K. Marine may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 1/10/19.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to customer products or service requirement
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Deliver goods to you.
- Take payment for goods.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
The personal information we collect and store is required for the handling and processing of your order or if you have given your consent for this; for creation of a customer account, for example.
We will not pass, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties with the exception of shipping companies, payment companies, credit checking companies, debt recovery agents or manufacturers for the purposes of product registration or unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about products or services which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Data Controller at R.K. Marine, Hamble River Boat Yard, Bridge Road, Swanwick, Southampton SO31 7EB or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.